What is Natural Farming?
The basis of Natural farming is limiting human intervention and leaving nature to work. An environmentally sustainable way of growing food. Natural farming was first coined by “Masanobu Fukuoka” in his book “The One-Straw Revolution”.
Natural farming works. It only works if you observe and mimic nature.
Have you ever added fertilizer, pesticide or tilling to the forest? As far as I know its a big “No”.
Still, forest bears fruits that are of high quality. Much tastier than the ones in your chemical farm. I do not do anything, still, nature works at its best then why don’t you follow it rather than altering.
Principles of Natural Farming
- The cost of the production of the main crop should be compensated by the income of inter-crops. The main crop income will be a bonus.
- Nothing should be purchased from the market(outside of the farm).
- Inputs to your farm should be produced inside the farm.
- Inputs that we use for the crop should be Eco-friendly. Should not affect/ destroy the environment.
- No need to till the field
- Farm biodiversity – Bugs and weeds are not enemies
- Symbiotic farm
Soil testing is crucial for any crops to survive and flourish. A proper diet of nutrients, organic carbons, nitrogen, micronutrients should be available for plants all the season. Even the pH of the soil matters. In order to get clarity on what our soil is providing for plants or whats their deficiency, a soil test…
Farmers in farming systems need to split their attention and funds over tasks resulting in lower economies of scale. Advantages are the prospect of dispersing labor, decreasing risk and reutilizing resources which is the main principle of Mixed farming. Farming is present according to internal and external things. Topical factors are weather patterns and exchange…
Vermicompost is a process of converting organic waste into useful products through the action of earthworms. It consists of worm casts and some decayed organic matter. It is the process of converting organic debris into worm castings. These castings are very important to the fertility of the soil. Vermicompost is organic, non-burning and rich in…