The natural Farming guidelines show that the farmers should use complementary therapies like Homeopath, Natural therapy as their first choice of defense against controlling farm animal diseases. We call it prevention therapy.
Farmers who are treating their livestock through homeopathy have well understanding and knowledge of their livestock. Their deep understanding of how the diseases do come, how to treat them and how to take preventive steps in the future is incomparable.
The Farmers were able to act quickly at the early stages of illness, rather than waiting for Veterinarians. Some of the diseases are psychological and they won’t be any conventional treatment for this. Yet the farmers who follow Natural farming, do have an emotional connection to their livestock which will help them cure the animals.
Natural treatment and Homeopathic treatment can be put in this way – The treatment is for the individual animal and not for the disease.
Natural Farming insists on preventive therapy rather than curing. By following natural farming practices, even humans will be on the preventive therapy mode. Our chemical farming and Allopathic(Conventional) drugs have made our immune system weaker. It will be a tough fight once the disease is spread, as we are weaker and even the Homeopathy medicine will not be quite effective.
So it’s better to improve the immune system of us and animals, before following the below Homeopathic remedies for the diseases in Sheep and Goats.
Table of Contents
- Colchicum 30 – Two drops every 10 to 15 minutes, if no relief is obtained within one hour, give Arsenicum 30 alternatively with Colcicum 30 as above.
- Chamopmilla 30 – Two drops every two hours for Diarrhea due to cold, the evacuations are green colored, distended abdomen with colicky signs.
- Arsenicum 30 – 3 drops every 2 hours for dark putrid blood mixed evacuations, the rapid loss of strength.
- Nitric Acid 30 – Two drops in a teaspoon of water two times a day for a week.
- Sulphur – 200 drops in a teaspoon of water daily once for a week.
- Nitric Acid(Strong) – 30 drops in 30 ml water to be applied to the affected part with a small brush once a day.
Mucopurulent Nasal Discharge (Nasal Catarrh)
- Aconite 30 – 2 to 3 drops three times a day when there is a fever.
- Nux vomica 30 – 3 drops two times a day for 1 to 2 days.
- Arsenicum Alb 30 – 3 drops two times a day when there is profuse Nasal discharge.
- Mercurial vivid 30 – 3 drops three times a day when there are profuse Nasal discharge and swollen nostrils, frequent attacks of shivering.
- Arnica 30 – 3 drops every half an hour when the Ewe is injured.
- Sabina 3o – 3 drops twice a day when the symptoms of abortions commenced or when there is a tendency to abortion amongst the Ewes of a flock
- Secale cornutum 30 – 3 drops twice a day if the symptoms continue after two to three dos of Sabina and straining becoming more violent.
- Pulsitella 30 – 4 drops every 4 hours is useful after abortion to expel the placenta.
- Calcarea sulph 30 + Hepar sulph 30 – 3 drops three times a day for 3 to 5 days.
- Carboveg 30 – 3 drops every hour usually Epistaxis stops within a day but it is advised to continue 3 drops three times a day for another 3 days.
Difficult in Parturition
- Arnica 30 – 3 drops every hour for Dystocia typically caused by a large or awkwardly positioned fetus or by the failure of the Ewe to expel, and in all cases where manual interference necessary and Arnica lotion (20 drops Arnica in 30 ml warm water) externally.
- If the Ewe begins to strain violently in such cases give secale cornutum 30 – 3 drops every 15 to 30 minutes.
- Variolinum 30 – Two drops two times a day weekly as preventive. Two drops three times a day for a week as curative.
- Rananculus Bulbosus 30 – Two drop three times a day.
Foot and Mouth
- Borax 30 + Rhus Tox 30 + Mercurius Solubilis 30 + Natrium Muriaticum 30 + Kalium Muriaticum 30 mix all these in equal proportions, for curative 3 drops of this combination rid for 5 to 7 days. For preventive 3 drops of this combination weekly once for 3 weeks.
- Ocimum Sanctum Q(Mother Tincture) 5 drops two times a day for 5 days.
- Arsenicum Alb 30 – 3 drops three times a day for 5 days
- Mercurius solibulis 30 – 3 drops three times a day for 5 days.
- Acid nitricum 30c, Carbo veg 30c , Rhus tox 30c, Heparsulph 30c, Merc sol 30c. Each 10 ml = total 40 ml. 1 ml of this combination + 20 ml clean unchlorinated water mix well. Feed 2 ml to each sheep once a day for 5 days.
- Belladonna 30 + Mercurius solubilis 30 + Arnica 30 + Rhus Tox 30 + Ruta G 30 mix all in equal proportions 3 drops of this combination three times a day for a week.
- Echinacea Q mother tincture – 4 drops in a 5 ml to 10 ml water every half hour
- Ledum pal 30 – 3 drops three times a day + Lachesis 30 – 3 drops three a day.
Phosphorus (Organo Phosphorus) poisoning
- Phosphorus 30 – 3 drops every 15 minutes
- Carboveg 30 – three drops every 15 minutes till recovery then three times a day for 3 to 5 days.
Homeopathic medicines can be given orally in 1 to 2 teaspoons of drinking water. The medicine should be in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and strong-smelling items. The animal should not be given food and water 30 minutes before and after medication.
|Enterotoxaemia||Arsalb 30c, Carbo veg 30c, Echinacea 6, Phosphorus 30c, Pyrogenum 200c|
|Hemorrhagic Septicaemia||Pastuerellamultocida 200c|
|Mycoplasmosis [CCPP]||Antim tart 30c, Drosera 30c, Adhatoda vasica 30c, lpec 30c, Calc flour 30c|
|Bottle jaw||Acid aceticum 200c|
|HCN poisoning||Nux vomica 30c, Phosphorus 30c, Bryonia 30c, Cecutaverosa 30c, Echinacea 6c|
|Mange||Psorinum 200c, Sulphur 200c|
|Warts||Thuja 30c, Calc carb 30c, Antimony crudum 30c, Causticum 30c, Acid nitricum 30c|
Ref : Sheep and goat management and health: Dr. Bhaskar Rao and Dr. Sambasiva Reddy