By practicing Natural farming, you are 80 percent safe from pests. All the good predators will kill off pests. But due to some unforeseen circumstances, the pests outnumber. We can control any pests if we follow Natural plant protection methods sincerely.
A list of Natural Pesticides is explained in complete detail. How to make natural pesticides is also detailed.
Table of Contents
1. Dashparni Kashayam ( Ten types of leaves decoction)
It is an exceptionally powerful and excellent insecticide, which is to be set up in your farm not to be obtained from the market. Dashparni implies the leaves of ten kinds of therapeutic plants. These 10 therapeutic plants have variable amount and sorts of alkaloids.
How to prepare Dashparni Kashayam
Take 200 liters of water in a barrel.
Take 2 kg of desi cow dung and blend it in this water great.
Include 10 liters of desi cow urine in the water.
Blend 200 g turmeric powder and 200 g of dried ginger powder or 500 g green ginger mash in this water.
At that point include 1 kg of tobacco powder in this water.
Get ready 1 kg mash of hot green chili, if it’s not accessible take 1 kg dried chili.
Get ready 1 kg mash of desi garlic and blend it in water. The garlic which has little size bulb and it should taste hot.
Take 2 kg of desi marigold (Tagetes erecta) including roots, stem leaves and blooms, chop down it in little pieces and include this water. Blend the water with these additional materials by the stick clockwise bearing great.
- After that, you cut down 3 kg little branches(with the leaves) of Neem tree(Azadirachta indica) in little pieces and add this to water.
- Include 2 kg of chop down bits of little parts of Karanj tree (Pongemia pinnata) with the leaves in this water.
- At that point include 2 kg green leaves of custard apple (Annona squamosa) in this water.
- At that point include 2 kg green leaves of Castor (Ricinus socialism) to the water.
- 2 kg green leaves of Ghaneri (Ulata Ravan)
- 2 kg green leaves of (Datura anoxia) or kala dotra(Datura fastuosa) or Datura metal.
- 2kg green leaves of Bail (Bilwapatra) (Aegle marmelos)
- 2 kg green leaves of Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) with inflorescence.
- 2 kg green leaves of Aak (Calotropis gigantea)
- 2 kg green leaves of Tarota (Casia tora)
- 2 kg green leaves of Papaya
- 2 kg green leave of Persian lilac(Melia azedarach)
- 2 kg green leaves of Guava (Psidium guajava)
- 2 kg green leaves of Mango(Mangifera indica)
- 2kg green leaves and blossoms of Palash (Butea monosperma)
- 2 kg green leaves of Kanher (Thevetia peruvians)
- 2 kg green leaves of Bitter gourd (momordica charantia)
- 2 kg green leaves of Five leaved pure (Vitex nigundo)
- 2 kg green leaves of Jaswand(Hibiscus rosa sinuses)
- 2 kg green leaves od Drumstick (Moringa oleifera)
- 2 kg green leaves of Arjun tree (Terminalia arjuna)
- 2 kg green leaves of Tamarind (Tamarindus indica)
- 2 kg green leaves of Moha(Madhuka indica)
- 2 kg green leaves of Ashwagandha(Withania somnifera)
- 2 kg green leaves of Pomegranate (Punica granatum)
- 2 kg green leaves with little bits of Babul(Acacia) branches.
- 2 kg green leaves of Nutgrass (Cyerus scariosus)
- 2 kg green leaves of Kurantak (Barleria prionitis)
- 2 kg green leaves of Long pepper (Piper long)
- 2 kg sweet banner roots (Acorus calamus)
- 2 kg green leaves of Bouhinia (Bauhinia Variegata)
- 2 kg green leaves of (Asparagus racemosus)
- 2 kg green leaves of Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus microphyllus)
- 2 kg green leaves of spreading Hogweed (Boerbavia diffusa)
- 2 kg green leaves of Guldandi(Chrysanthemum coronarium)
- 2 kg green leaves of Bharangi(Clerodendrum serratum)
- 2 kg green leaves of Bhu aamla(Phyllantus fraternus)
- 2 kg green leaves of Ashoka tree (saraca asoca)
- 2 kg green leaves of Anant mul (Tylophora asthmatica)
- 2 kg green leaves of serpentine (Rauwolfia sepentia)
- 2kg green leaves of Dudhani (Euphorbia geniculata)
- 2 kg green leaves of Aghada (achyranthus aspera)
- 2 kg green leaves of Rantulsi (Hyptis suavelens)
- 2 kg green leaves of kutki (vebascum chienense)
- 2 kg green leaves of Gulwel(Tinospora cardifolia)
- 2 kg green leaves of Hinganbet(Balanites aegyptiaca)
- 2 kg green leaves of Supali (Clitoria ternatea)
- 2 kg green leaves of Bawachi (Psoralea corylifolia)
- 2 kg green leaves of Brahmi (Centella asiatica)
- 2 kg green leaves of Kuchala (Strychnox nuxvomica)
For the preparation of Dashparni Kashayam, you have to select any 10 types of plants from the above list of 50. First 5 plants are most effective, in case if you don’t find then go with any 10 plants. Add these leaves of 10 plants to the 200 liters of water mixture which was already prepared.
Stir clockwise direction and keep the mixture away from direct sunlight. Close the lid of drum or barrel with any gunny bag(so that air circulation happens, but should prevent insects falling into).
Leave this mixture for 40 days to ferment. Three times a day stir the solution for 40 days. Dashaparni Kashayam will be ready by 40 days, filter the Kashayam. Now you can preserve it for 6 months.
How to use Dashparni Kashayam
In 200 liters of water, add 5 to 10 liters of Dashparni Kashayam(filter), mix well and can be sprayed on the crops which are infected.
2. Neemastra (Neem weapon)
- Take 100 liters of water.
- Include 5 liters of desi cow urine to the water.
- At that point include 1 kg of desi cow dung in this water.
- Smash 5kg of Neem leaves and add this neem mash to the water.
- Give this arrangement a chance to age for 24 hours. Blend this arrangement two times per day by any stick. Filter by using cloth.
- Splash this Neemastra as it on the plants for sucking pests and Mealybug.
3. How to control Mealybugs?
- Take the dried pods of Indian Acacia(Babhul). Crush these whole pods and make its powder. Take one liter of water and add 25 gm of this powder in this water and stir it well. Let the powder dissolve in the water. Then filter the solution by a cloth. Add this solution in 200 liters of water. Stir it well and spray on the plants infected by Mealybugs.
- Also, Neemastra is most effective on Mealybugs control.
- Use the predators like Cryptolaemus montrouzieri and Craccivora to control Mealybugs.
- Take 20 liters of desi cow urine.
- Add 3kg pulp of Neem leaves
- Then add 2 kg pulp of Custard apple leaves
- 2 kg of Papaya leaves
- 2 kg Pomegranate leaves or 2 kg pulp of Castor leaves
- 2 kg Guava leaves pulp or 2 kg pulp of Datura leaves in it.
- Then boil this solution, keep the solution stable for 48 hrs after boiling.
- Then filter the solution and store it.
- Spray prepared Brahmastra on the trees or crops to control all the sucking pests, pod borer, fruit borer, etc.
- For spraying take this medicine 3 liters in 100 liters of water. Brahmastra solution can be stored for 6 months.
- Take 20 liters of desi cow urine.
- Add 1kg of Tobacco leave pulp.
- Again add 500 g desi hot chili pulp.
- Add 500 g of desi Garlic pulp
- Add 5 kg of Neem leaves.
- Boil the solution and keep the solution stable for 48 hrs after boiling.
- Then filter the solution and store it.
- Spray this medicine on the pest like Leaf roller, stem borer, fruit borer, pod borer.
- Agniastra solution can be stored for 6 months.
The knots in the root is caused by Nematodes. They can only be controlled by Alkaloid-Alfaterthonile. This is naturally available in the roots of Marigold. Plant Marigold near to fruit trees to save them from Nematodes. To be more effective all add Neem cakes along.
Follow Natural farming practices for Natural Pesticides to be more effective. Natural farming improves immunity in the crops, which is crucial when you are fighting against pests. Natural pesticides is neither harmful to crops nor to humans. So go head use them, as frequently as possible and Happy farming.
Ref: Subhash Palekar, Zero Budget Natural farming guru