The majority of the countryside hoarding a board says “Pygmy goat for sale”. Not all farms produce a quality Pygmy goat. Know your pygmy goats before you go shopping.
The Pygmy goats are mini goats that are domestic. Maintaining Pygmy as a pet is fun and filled with plenty of activities.
Table of Contents
know your pygmy goat
- Pygmy goats are native to Cameroon Valley of West Africa. Also known as African Pygmy goat.
- A mini domestic goat. African Pygmy goat at the shoulder elevation averaging 15 to 20 inches tall.
- Pygmy goats are mainly embraced as Pets. Due to their size, friendly, docile, playful and intelligent nature.
- The male pygmy goat is known as Buck that weighs approximately 27 kg to 39 kg (60 lb to 86 lb)
- The female pygmy goat is known as Doe that weighs around 24 kg to 34 kg. (53 lb to 75 lb)
- Pygmy goat comes in different colors. Some of the notable colors are White caramel, dark caramel, black and grey Agouti.
- Pygmy goats live up to 15 years. On average Pygmy goat live around 10 decades.
- Pygmy goats are quite sturdy and can adapt to any climate. However, during winters and rainy season, they would rather have lukewarm food and water.
- Pygmy goats are more Athletic. They’re lively, can jump fantastic heights. Be cautious with the fence height.
- The Does have overall friendly temperaments, but bucks are known to be somewhat independent and stubborn.
- Pygmy goats do not prefer closed enclosures, they prefer to stay in open areas all of the time.
- Pygmy goats are social animals, they can’t stay alone. They need a company.
- Pygmy goats can achieve three kidding in just two years.
- Every kidding Pygmy goats can produce from 1 kid to 4 kids.
- The average daily milk yield of the Pygmy goat is 0.9 kg to 2.5kg. The lactation period is 120 to 180 days.
Pygmy goat for sale
On average pygmy goats sell for $200. Pygmy goats are preferred as pets and for show purposes.
Goats cost approximately $150 to $350. Pygmy goats need company, they can’t survive alone, so make plans to get the company.
Goats are social animals, it’s suggested to maintain at least two. It is preferred that both of them come from precisely the exact same breeder.
If you’re looking to purchase a Pygmy goat, then there’s a list of registered breeders on the National Pygmy Goat Association. Based on the pedigree the Purchase Price of Pygmy goats fluctuates.
Additionally, if you are purchasing from a registered breeder, you are going to end up getting the best of this pygmy. The “Pygmy goat for sale” price varies from $150 to $350.
Few dedicated websites do sell: Goatzz
Do pygmy goats make good pets?
Pygmy goats make great pets. The reason being the good pets are, they’re little, easy to handle, really friendly, more societal, plays a lot, docile and smart. Goats could be trained. Pygmy goats are more affectionate to children.
How long do pygmy goats live?
The lifespan of Pygmy goats is 15 years on an average. Pygmy goats can live for 12 years to 18 years.
Frequently asked questions
Are pygmy goats loud?
Pygmy goats loud can get loud. But due to their miniature stature and cute looks will make any neighbor fall in love.
Do pygmy goats and dogs get along?
Pygmy goats and dogs can get along. The dogs should be well trained, and docile. Even if the dogs are good with goats, they do need constant supervision.
The pygmy goats are miniature in size and they can get easily intimidated. Most of the pet dogs will not be a problem, but if the dogs are raised as guard dogs, then supervision is required.
Are pygmy goats hard to care for?
Pygmy goats are easy to care for. They are miniature good, that requires a little space to live, minimum feed and a little bit of attention. They are a hardy breed, that doesn’t get easily infected by diseases.
Can pygmy goats eat dog food?
Goats are curious animals. They try to experiment with new things. If the dog food(dry food) tastes good, then they will much on them.
No one will feed dog food though. But if they accidentally eat them, nothing to worry.